Well, I have been doing some serious nesting lately. I’m not sure if it is because of the weeks flying by and my urgency to get things in order, or if it is the fact that we have been homebound without a car seat for a few days. Anyway, here are a few things I’ve accomplished.
* Birthday Shirt for our daughter’s birthday in May.
* Cloth breast pads purchased, washed and ironed (this part may just stink, but I have about 50 disposable pads to fall back on if needed. Love the organic cotton. I hear these are the best and super absorbent.
* Baby closet went through again and organized more. Each time it looks like it is done I find some easier way to organize it.
* Baby toys out and ready to be played with. Our daughter is already enjoying this.
* Pillow that has been ripped for years got a little sewing / mending TLC.
* Sheets washed. This doesn’t get done as often as it ‘should,’ so it was nice to get done.
* Hospital bags mostly packed. A lot less stuff is going with us this time. I don’t know what I was thinking taking a blow dryer and make-up when our daughter was born. You don’t have time for that stuff and really could care less. Plus, I’ve been hippie like in my personal maintenance anyway, so no need for all that.
* Notes wrote to whomever takes care of our daughter.
* Lots of meals frozen: garlic beef enchiladas, italian beef sandwiches, coq au vin, goulash, black been soup, 36 pancakes (hey, we need to eat breakfast), lots of cheese grated and placed in 1 cup jars, mac and cheese flour / spice blend all prepared, and lots of other stuff.
* New car seat ordered for our daughter. We had to choke down the good will half price gesture of $125 for a new seat for her. Ugh, but should be here mid-week.
* Laundry washed, dried and ironed. For now anyway.
* Baby books (boy and girl) bought and ready to take to hospital.
* Books read and information stored about how to do things more greener this time around. What a lucky baby that his or her mommy takes so much time to educate herself on this. Pat, pat on the back to me. 🙂
* Breast pump washed and ready to go. Hopefully I won’t be such good pals with the pump this time around. Since I was working with our daughter, I really hated that pump, but this time around I hope to only pump one time a day so that daddy can feed him or her. Also, we need time away, so some expressed milk will be gold some day. You never know what life will bring.
* Feminine pads in order…yuck! The disposable ones are stinking up my bathroom…the fragrance they put in those things are horrible. One thing I love about pregnancy is not having to do the whole monthly cycle. I’m going to be very brave and put this out there…I purchased some reusable cloth pads for a very reasonable price. I just bought three, but since we are cloth diapering, I figure why not try it out. I got 3 pads for $8 on Nicki’s Diapers sale of the week. If I like them, I will get more for sure. I also have a pattern to make them, but just did not get around to it. If you are interested in how it goes, just ask me and I’ll give you some honest answers after I’ve had a few weeks of them. I have a few friends that love them and the cost savings is super!!!
So much other stuff, but I have to get a nap, so more another time. What did you do to nest? Anything I’m forgetting? Take care!